My name is Vanessa Thomson, and I have recently taken on the role of Welfare Officer at Fylde Hockey Club.
I qualified as a Social Worker in 1999 and since that time have worked in the areas of child protection and fostering. My 2 children are keen hockey players and have benefitted so much from being members of Fylde Hockey Club, and I hope I am able to give back something to this wonderful club.
My overall aim is to ensure that children/young people and adults are safeguarded, feel valued, they enjoy playing hockey and are helped to reach their full potential in all areas.
My main tasks as a Welfare Officer include:
· Support a positive child centred environment
· Assist the club in safeguarding children
· Act as the first point of contact for concerns about children
· Link to the lead safeguarding officer
· Lead on the implementation of safeguarding procedures
· Promote the safeguarding guidance and code of conduct
· Sit on the club’s management committee
· Ensure appropriate confidentiality is maintained.
Hopefully with restrictions lifting everyone can enjoy a more normal season and play lots of hockey!! I look forward to meeting players and parents over the coming months.
If you have any concerns about safeguarding or welfare issues, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07834522121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org